To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals.
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team.
• Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments.
• Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and agree short-, medium- and long-term performance goals.
• Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning
Learners must have completed a Level 3 qualification in Personal Training.
*Must have access to an athlete or a sports team at the beginning of the course to complete the case study.
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Performance analysis of the activity and athlete
• Unit 2: Plan, deliver and evaluate periodised performance-related strength
and conditioning programmes