The purpose of these qualifications is to enable learners to coach clients – one to one and in small groups – towards their health and fitness goals. Learners will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to plan and deliver creative and personalised exercise programmes, provide nutritional advice and support clients with their overall lifestyle management.
Learners must be aged 16 plus. Ideally they should have some experience of gym-based exercises as participation in a variety of gym-based practical sessions will be required throughout the qualification. Learners should also have communication skills pitched at level 2 which can be developed during the course.
The learner must complete the eleven mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Anatomy & physiology for exercise & fitness instructors
- Unit 2: Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Unit 3: Lifestyle management & health awareness
- Unit 4: Gym-based programme planning and preparation
- Unit 5: Gym-based programme delivery and professional instruction
- Unit 6: Applied anatomy and physiology
- Unit 7: Promoting wellness through client motivation and interaction
- Unit 8: Bespoke exercise programme design
- Unit 9: Customised exercise programme instruction and communication techniques
- Unit 10: Nutrition to support physical activity
- Unit 11: Business acumen for a successful Personal Training Practice