This qualification is suitable for learners holding a qualification in Gym Instruction or equivalent who wish to progress to a career as a professional Personal Trainer on an employed or self-employed basis.
- The learner should hold Certificate in Gym instructing or equivalent. The qualification is aimed at learners aged 16 and over.
This qualification is comprised of six mandatory units.
- Unit 1 – Applied anatomy and physiology
- Unit 2 – Promoting wellness through client motivation and interaction
- Unit 3 – Bespoke exercise programme design
- Unit 4 – Customised exercise programme instruction and communication
- Unit 5 – Nutrition to support physical activity
- Unit 6 – Business acumen for a successful Personal Training Practice