NASM has developed the Corrective Exercise Strategies for Basketball course in partnership with the National Basketball Athletic Trainers Association (NBATA).
NASM serves as the official provider of sports medicine education for the NBATA, where the majority of NBA athletic trainers hold the NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and/or Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) advanced specialization.
The course material offers a systematic assessment and advanced corrective exercise strategy to correct common lower extremity dysfunctions seen in basketball.
- Human movement dysfunction
- Human movement science
- Common lower extremity and torso movement compensations (e.g., feet turn out/flatten, knees move inward, excessive forward lean)
- Assessment techniques (e.g., Overhead Squat, Single-leg Squat, Goniometric Measurement, Manual Muscle Testing)
- Corrective strategies using the traditional corrective exercise continuum model (e.g., inhibit, lengthen, activate, integrate)
- Advanced techniques (e.g., soft tissue release, myopractic techniques, neuromuscular stretching, positional isometrics)
NOTE: Corrective Exercise Strategies for Basketball candidates must have one of the following professional titles: Athletic Trainer, Chiropractor, Licensed Massage Therapist, or Physical Therapist.
Chapter 1: An Evidence-Based Approach to Understanding Human Movement Impairments
Chapter 2: Corrective Strategies for Foot and Ankle Impairments
Chapter 3: Corrective Strategies for Knee and Lumbo-Pelvic-Hip Impairments
365 days (1 year) from date of purchase.
*Once purchased you will receive your log in details within 2-5 days.