Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals.
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team.
• Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments.
• Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and agree short-, medium- and long-term performance goals.
• Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning programmes.
Learners must have completed a Level 3 qualification in Personal Training.
*Must have access to an athlete or a sports team at the beginning of the course to complete the case study.
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Performance analysis of the activity and athlete
• Unit 2: Plan, deliver and evaluate periodised performance-related strength
and conditioning programmes
*As this is a Practical based qualification you will need to be available to travel to our offices in Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland for practical tutorials and assessments.
January 10th – 5.30-9.30pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast) +
January 14th – 10am-4pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast)+
January 17th – 5.30-9.30pm (LIVE Online) +
January 21st – 10am-4pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast)+
February 7th – 5.30-9.30pm (LIVE Online) +
February 11th – 10am-4pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast)+
February 25th – 10am-4pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast)+
March 24th – 10am-4pm (Face to Face in PTI Belfast)
Course Already Started?